Monday, September 29, 2014

Last Week's Free Book Promotion on Amazon - Regards to J.A. Konrath



J.A. Konrath has a web log that consists of equal parts controversy and tips for indie writers.  I feel like I am the person who discovered Konrath because, years ago, I came across an article about him in a writer's magazine.  He had just inked a two book deal with Hyperion for $150,000.  At that time, and probably for many today, this is the writer's dream.  Discovery, validation, and the fame that only a writer's magazine can bestow.  There were black and white photographs of him walking near a railroad bridge, no doubt deep in thought.

Fast forward about a decade, Konrath now seems to prefer the wealth and control that comes to the fortunate and professionally committed of the Amazon self-published crowd.  By any reasonable person's standards, J.A. seems to be doing very well.  He also shares a huge amount of personal and practical information on his blog.

So, earlier in September, J.A. Konrath posted an article with 15 tips for self-published authors.  This time, I resolved to try his advice.

Last week, the 22nd through the 26th of September, I used my Amazon Kindle free promotion days and made Brand Loyalty  available for free.  I promoted the event with 2 of the 3 advertisers he recommended, one being a bit pricey for me.

Here's what happened:

I started the week with an Amazon rating of 7,093 on the Free List.  I peaked at 53 within a day.  Brand Loyalty was in the top 100 for 3 of the 5 days and I ended at about 350.  Overall, I was able to share my first novel with over 6,000 Kindle readers, including readers in Germany, the UK and Canada.  I even got readers in India, Japan, France, Australia, and Italy.

Because of this exposure, sales of my second novel, Beyond the Law, are better than ever and now I have a sales rating in Germany and the UK as well as a much better one in the US.

I don't know why Konrath chooses to give such valuable advice to people he doesn't know, but here's the link to his blog.


http://jakonrath.blogspot.com/2014/09/ebook-sales-down-here-are-15-tips.html


No comments:

Post a Comment